Aviation law compensation

If you or someone in your family has been injured by an aircraft or in an aircraft accident, you may be able to claim compensation.
You may be able to claim for pain and suffering, lost income, other financial losses, medical expenses and impairment benefits.
Depending on the circumstances, the party liable could be the aircraft operator, manufacturer or maintenance engineer; the airport corporation or other airport site operator; or another agency, such as the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.

Aviation law is complex and in some cases domestic and international laws apply. In some cases it is quite complicated determining what law is applicable to the circumstances. The applicable international treaty for airline injuries is the Montreal Convention of 1999 (Montreal 99). However not all countries are signatories to the convention.
Australia has a two-year time limit to make a claim for commercial flight accidents. If you do not bring your action within this time your right to claim will be lost forever and cannot be revived.

Please call us at McAuley Hawach Lawyers and we can assess your claim. Our expert personal injury lawyers can guide you through the complexities of aviation law and airline accident compensation. Your lawyer can help ensure that your claim is made within the time limits for international cases.

McAuley Hawach Lawyers
11 Fennell Street, Parramatta NSW 2124
Telephone: (02) 9633 1826
Facsimile: (02) 9687 8114
Web: www.mcauleyhawach.com.au
Email: reception@mcauleyhawach.com.au
The information in this publication is of a general nature and is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Although we endeavour to provide accurate and timely information, we do not guarantee that the information in this publication is accurate at the date it is received or that it will continue to be accurate in the future. We are not responsible for the information of any source to which a link is provided or reference is made and exclude all liability in connection with use of these sources. If you do not wish to receive newsletters from us, please let us know.